ACR38 Software Development KitDue to the rising demand of e-working methods (remote office, home office...) and the increasing risk of unauthorized access to private network, it is time to properly secure access to PCs, desktops, and the Intranet and Extranet networks. ACR38 offers solutions based on smart card readers (connected to PCs) for access control.
The ACR38 smart card reader/writer is a USB full speed device which is the interface for the communication between a computer and a smart card. It is designed for PC environment, ultimate smart card peripheral for a PC.
ACR38 is a key partner of PC as smart card is becoming an essential component in network security and electronic payment system. Providing secured network computing environment by its data encryption function, the SDK package allows users to easily develop their own application to best meet the specific system needs.
ACR38 is a low cost, yet reliable and effective smart card to PC interface with design focusing on convenient use and harmony with other PC peripherals in shape and color. It also provides the solution where the security of a smart card is required. It can be used as access control to a computer or network (intranet, extranet, ...), authentication for e- commerce (B to B, B to C), ... It is also very simple to use and install. It is ideal for electronic commerce, home banking or e-purse facilities, secure computer access or any of a multitude of other applications.
With the smart card reference materials, demo programs, utility tools and sample codes all included in the SDK, you can explore the many possibilities ACR38 and smart card can bring forth to your world.
The development kit is now priced at only US$99.
ACR38 SDK Contents:
|Smart Card Reader(s)|
- 1 x ACR38U-I1 Smart Card Reader
|Test Card(s)/ Token(s)|
- 5 x ACOS3 Microprocessor Smart Cards
- 5 x SLE 5528 Memory Cards
- 5 x SLE 5542 Memory Cards
- ACS Smart Card and Reader Tool
- enables the user to perform smart card reader and card-related commands
- Other Tools & Utilities
- checks for proper driver installation
- PC/SC Learning Tool
- shows the use of the PC/SC API's step-by-step and the parameters that need to be used
- Scripting Tool 3
- allows the user to communicate with a smart card by using script command files
- Sample Codes
- Demonstrates basic commands used to communicate with the cards and readers
- Available in the following programming languages:
- Active X
- Java (x86/x64)
- Linux C++ (x86/x64)
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
- MS Visual Basic .NET 2008 (x86/x64)
- MS Visual C# .NET (x86/x64)
- MS Visual C++ (x86/x64)
- Smart Card Reader Driver(s)
- Reference Manual(s)
|SDK Operating System Support|
- Win 2000, Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7
- Win XP x64, Win Vista x64, Win 7 x64