ACR88 Software Development Kit
The ACR88 Software Development Kit (ACR88 SDK) enables effective development of customized applications and systems using smart cards, card readers, and PCs. Reflecting ACS expertise in smart card technologies, the kit is a complete package containing all the vital components required for smart card application development. It is suitable for beginners to experienced developers. It also serves as an ideal training and development tool for those who are interested in knowing more about smart card technologies.
ACR88 is a versatile handheld portable smart card reader, having a built-in keypad, LCD display, bi-color LED and buzzer features. It can also host the feature of non-volatile memory to give better support to your system. In addition, its onboard memory enables future firmware and application enhancements that guarantee against obsolescence.
ACR88 is a line of secured electronic devices of pocket size designed primarily for multi-application. It is capable of performing secure authentication, displaying rich information from the card, conducting online or offline transaction.
Also ACR88 is programmable through ACR88 ScriptBuilder. Users can now quickly build their own standalone applications according to easy-to-use and well defined script commands provided by ACS. There is no more need to program the device in lower level languages, nor to deal with development and other hardware platform dependent issues! With ACR88, you can have full rein of realizing the limitless possibilities, which your application will bring.
The development kit is now priced at only US$249.
ACR88 SDK contents:
|ACR88 Handheld Portable Smart Card Reader
- Dual operation modes:
- PC-linked: powered through USB
- Standalone: powered through 3x AAA batteries
- Accepts ISO-7816 Class A, B (5V & 3V) cards: two full-size cards and 3 SAM cards
- Ergonomic and highly durable keypad
- Easy-to-read, graphical LCD with backlight
- Monotone buzzer with software controlled ON/OFF
- 3 bi-color LED
- Real-time clock (RTC) with independent backup battery
- Field upgradeable for firmware (requires a firmware upgrade cable)
- On-board memory for standalone program (script loadable) only one time drawing
- Tamper switch which protect fraudulent intrusion
- Hand-held size and weight
- (Optional) Non-volatile memory for font storage
|10 Test Cards
- 10 x ACOS3 microprocessor-based card with DES/Triple DES and MAC security capability, 16K EEPROM for user data
- 1 Detachable USB cable
- 1 Firmware upgrade cable (For firmware upgrade only)
- 1 Leather case for better protection
Software drivers supporting Windows 2000, and XP
Sample Codes & Tools
The sample code are written n various programming languages, e.g. Delphi, Visual Basic, V.B.NET, Visual C++ & C#, demonstrating certain features of the ACR88 reader and/or the smart card included in the kit.
Tools & Utilities
- Multi-application Demo demonstrates how the ACR88 device is used in real-world applications. It is a 3-part demo which includes the e-purse, healthcare card and taxi meter applications.
- Functional Demo demonstrates different API functions of the ACR88 device: e.g. Port, Device, LCD, Key Pad, Real-Time Clock, etc.
- CardTool is a utility program that allows you to sedd commands to any PC/SC compliant smart card reader, and to any ISO 7816 T=0 compliant smart card.
- Scripting Tools is a utility program that allows you to create, compile and download scripts to the ACR88 device.
- PCSC learning tool is a utility program that teaches you how to use the PC/SC APIs step-by-step and what parameters to use.
- SmartFlash is a utility program that allows you to upgrade the firmware version of the ACR88 device.
- QuickView is a utility program that checks if you have properly installed your ACS readers.